Anyways, as luck would have it, I ran out of my "pre-bagged" frozen smoothie mix, and so this post which was supposed to show you the 10+ different goodies in my go-to smoothie has now resulted in a smoothie du-jour recipe. Nonetheless, it's tasty and healthy and still super easy to whip up with a little prep.
Mango Acai Super Smoothie
From top, clockwise
- Frozen Organic Mango Chunks (Costco)
- Organic Black Kale (aka Dinosaur Kale) -(Thrifty's Foods)
- Frozen Bananas
- Dried Mint (Bulk Spice section at Grocer)
- Acai Mango Zinger Tea (Bag cut open) - (Celestial Seasonings brand- bought at Walmart)
- Organic Spinach Cubes (Made from pureed spinach and water) - (Costco)
- Power Mix (made from hemp hearts, chia, flax and buckwheat) - (Costco and Bulk)
- Acai Juice Supplement (frozen into cubes)- (Costco)
I never thought of cutting up tea bags to use the tea insides until I realized what matcha green tea is. Yup, just ground up green tea. So, I've started including green tea or hibiscus tea (zinger) in every smoothie for an extra flavour kick and a huge amount of nutrient dense leafies and antioxidants. Dried mint is also a very inexpensive and tasty way to rev up the nutrition in your smoothie.
I just discovered black kale last month and it is now the only kind I buy. It has a much more buttery texture than regular old kale, I find it stays fresh and crisp in the fridge for much longer (no need to make kale cubes if it's gone within the week) and it tastes SO GOOD cut up in soups and stir frys.
The rest of the ingredients are pretty self explanatory. Give it a go!
Any great ingredients you've put in your smoothie lately?