After finding all of my awesome pantry storage at my local Dollorama, I haven't really been able to stay away from the place. Don't tell the hubby, but I probably go there once a week. I figured it would be fun to share my finds (because there is a lot of crap at dollar stores too) so I can break down the good, the bad and the ugly of dollar store merchandise.
Here is my latest "catch."
Now let's break it down.
- 2 Clear Glass Mini Apothecary Jars- $1.50 each. I bought some of these last week, but I needed more. They are just so cute, have a crazy airtight seal, and are perfect for so many uses. I now have 6 total, and I know 3 will definitely be going in the bathroom to hold q-tips, cotton balls and the likes. I may hold on to the other 3 and think of a great crafty gift I can make with them.
- Galvanized Flower Pot - $2. I didn't actually buy this to use as a flower pot, but I love the industrial look so figure I will make use of it somewhere. I like to use unexpected pieces in random places, so it might end up as a granola bar bin, or utensil holder. We shall see!
- Clear Plastic Container - $2. I have 5 of these in my pantry, and there was a hole in the back where the sixth was missing, so I just had to get it. It will likely house pasta in the near future. And for those wondering, it is BPA free (score!). I've also been asked about air tightness on these babies. Well, not super airtight. Some of the lids on these were crap, so I tried out a bunch until I found one with the best seal. But still not fantastic. For things like pasta and flour though (which certainly don't come from the store in air tight packaging) they are perfecto!
- Grey and White Damask Drawer Liners- $2 each. I bought a couple rolls about a year ago, and haven't seen them in stock ever since. I pounced on them when I saw them. Sorry- I should have taken a close up, but I will get some detail shots in when I photograph my drawers. This stuff is GREAT! It has a really nice look to it, a light distressed grey and white damask pattern, and it is fantastic for all sorts of things. I use it to cover old shoe boxes I want to use as storage, but don't want the original shoe box design, and of course I've lined all my drawers with it, including the dressers in my bedroom.
- Glue Runner - $1. I used to buy my glue runner at Walmart for $4.50. Now I buy it at the dollar store for a buck, and it's great! It's not as great as the other brand, but it does the trick! This is what I use to adhere my non-adhesive labels to things (like in the fridge)
- White Baskets- $2 each. I've only ever bought the low profile white one before because I love the modern lines of it and it just feels and looks nice to me. This time, I bought a larger style for under the counter. I think it will probably end up holding things like boxes of crackers and cake mixes. But that may change! The low profile one will likely end up with the others in my fridge, because I just can't get enough of them!
- Clear Storage Dividers- $1 each. Hallelujah! I was so happy to find these! I have been in love with the lucite ones floating around the internet, and have even seen some chilling on the shelves at Home Sense, but I just can't bring myself to pay $15 for ONE piece. No siree. Now, of course these aren't luxurious lucite, but they are clear and sturdy and they do the trick for me! Even though I currently have nowhere I can think of to use these guys in, I will find a place!
And my total? Just $21.28! Considering you can buy one storage container for that amount, I think that's a pretty darn good deal! I swear, I don't think I can ever buy anything houseware related without checking the dollar store first.
Any awesome dollar store finds that you guys have to share? Would love to hear!