Make it: DIY {& free!} Drawer Organizer


I'm on a serious organization kick right now. And not just a "it's my New Years resolution" thing. I've had an epiphany at how much easier life is when you put a little bit of effort into organizing.

But man, are organizing and storage components expensive! They add up quite quickly, especially if you're overhauling your entire home like I am. After hubby made me a delish quick dinner with store bought cannelloni one night, I was washing out the pasta tray to plop it in the recycling. I couldn't get over how thick and sturdy the plastic was. I was blown away with how similar it was to the black plastic drawer organizer I had recently purchased for my cosmetics drawer.

And then it dawned on me. Here I am, tossing perfectly great storage solutions I already have in my house, and then going out and buying almost the exact same thing with my hard earned moolah. How is this logical? With the hundreds of plastics I've recycled in the past, how have I never thought of using them in my home (and I'm not talking about using old yogurt containers as tupperware- not my thang).

So the cannelloni makeup organizer was invented, and I am so happy with it! The little grooves are actually PERFECT for lipsticks and nail polish, however I'm not a huge collector of either so mine is more a catchall for my everyday cosmetics. Doesn't look quite as pretty, but it is certainly functional!

Any everyday items you've repurposed to make something functional in your home?


Comments

  1. Love this idea! I'm always trying to think of ways to repurpose my recyclables. Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the same with a cookie tray packaging last night for my paper clips and little bits and bobs in my desk drawer! It's so much neater in there now :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! You made my day :)

Popular Posts